This brand was created by pharmacist Johannes Paul Liebe from Dresden, in 1866. In the early 20th century, chemist Dr. Rudolf Liebe took over and thus put the "Dr." into the brand name. After relocating to Stuttgart in the tumultuous period after World War II, Dr. Liebe started specializing on medical toothpastes and dental care substances. Their most popular product, the medical toothpaste concentrate Ajona Stomaticum was introduced in 1952 and the traditional design of the little red tube has not changed until today. The success of the Dr. Liebe products came despite a complete refusal to advertise, instead relying solely on the recommendation of dentists.